- About the Chamber
- Get Involved
- Doing Business
- Visiting Hollywood
- Leadership Hollywood
Leadership Hollywood Program Days
- Kick Off /Team Building: Friday, October 11, 2013– 7:30 am to 5pm
- SIMSOC: Thursday, October 24, 2013 – 7:30 am to 5pm
- Community Service Project Assigment Event– Wednesday, November 6, 2013 --4pm to 5pm
1. Health and Human Service Day - Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Informs class participants on the impact of healthcare reforms in the delivery of healthcare services; highlights the scope of healthcare and social services the Greater Hollywood area offers and draws attention to the remaining needs and challenges.
2. Public Safety Day - Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Provides a unique opportunity to not only meet and greet Hollywood fire, police and beach patrol members, but also allows the class to get an up-close look at the tools of their trade and their important roles in protecting our citizens, business owners and visitors.
3. Education /Art & Culture Day - Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Briefs and educates leaders on the opportunities and challenges facing education in our community, so they may find how they may best contribute. Art & Culture Day will expose the class to a sampling of some of the distinct culture, arts and recreation available in Hollywood/Broward County and to encourage participation in all experiences by promoting creative living, appreciation of the arts, diverse ethnic pride and fun in our community.
4. Environmental Day – Tuesday, Febuary 11, 2014
To brief community and business leaders on the background of our urban communities; how the natural environment shapes people and how people shape the environment. We will explore the past, present and future of our natural and cultural heritage and provide a look at the direction of our growth patterns.
5. Media Day - Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Conveys to class participants the critical need for leaders to work effectively with the media as well as for leaders to recognize media’s challenges in this diverse, fast-changing market.
6. Criminal Justice / County Government Day -Monday, April 14, 2014
This day offers insight into the Broward County legal system and introduces participants to Broward elected officials to better understand county issues that would affect our South Florida communities.
7. City Government / Business Development Day – Tuesday, May 13, 2014
To provide participants a clear perspective of our local government and the challenges they are facing. To also better understand the economy from top-level business and community leaders and highlight new and emerging industries driving our local economy.
8. Tourism Day -Tuesday, June 3, 2014
This day will give the participant an overall view of what Hollywood has to offer, a chance get a behind-the-scene tour of the airport and the seaport to better understand the importance of the industry in our region. This program day will better provide participants with insight into the commonalities and differences of the South Broward district cities and municipalities from the government level to the business level.